Colour blindness affects around 5% of the world’s population
Increased smartphone penetration and the widespread rollout of IPTV and OTTtv services are changing the face of the broadcast industry. Competition for viewers/subscribers is being fought over by a growing number of new entrants and established players. Whether you’re a traditional linear TV broadcaster or an OTTtv service provider, you need to stand out from the crowd if you want to retain and grow your market share.
Giving colour-blind viewers a positive experience is a great differentiator because it’s a condition that affects around 5% of the world’s population. If your subscribers can’t distinguish between different teams in a major tournament, for example, they may well decide to unsubscribe from your service.
Eyeteq addresses issues and frustrations associated with colour blindness
We’ve developed a unique solution, called Eyeteq, to address colour blindness.
Based on our patented Phusion technology, Eyeteq enhances visibility by improving colour rendering and definition on streaming video content in real-time, transforming viewing experiences.
We’ve carried out extensive research and user preference studies and out of those surveyed:
· 8 out of 10 believed Eyeteq to be a worthwhile investment
· 9 out of 10 participants stated they would recommend Eyeteq to a friend or family member
Colour Blindness and Eyeteq
How it works
Eyeteq subtly modifies colours on your TV screen, tablet or smartphone in such a way that colour-blind people can easily distinguish between colours they otherwise cannot, (between red and green football teams, for example). The result is a much more accessible and pleasing picture for the colour blind viewer.
Take a look at these videos to see how Eyeteq works and the difference it can make to a colour blind person.
· Eyeteq video demo 1 – where Eyeteq has been applied to one half of the screen only for comparison purposes, (on a real set-top box the whole screen would be transformed)
· Eyeteq video demo 2 - this video simulates colour blindness for a non-colour blind person
The modification can be adjusted (using a TV remote control or in the settings menu on a smartphone) to suit the degree and type of colour blindness, so colour blind viewers can enjoy enhanced details, while non-colour-blind viewers see little difference or even prefer the end result.
· Adjustable settings - those with and without the condition can enjoy the same content
· Enhances colour definition without compromising on overall quality
· Works on TVs, desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones