Embedded Software Engineer - Imaging
An embedded software engineer experienced in imaging or video, to make images better on consumer products such as smartphones, tablets and TVs.
We are looking for an embedded software engineer to implement our image fusion technology, known as Phusion, onto real-time platforms used in consumer electronics products and services. Initial tasks will include implementation of our algorithms in order to create real-time licensable IP products for smartphone photography and/or video enhancement with colour filtering for content delivery.
The key duties are:
- Software implementation of Spectral Edge Phusion algorithms on platforms used in smartphones and/or video encoders
- Optimising code to make best use of memory and CPU or GPU resources
- Integration of optimised code into demonstration appsto showcase the Phusion technology to the smartphone and/or TV industries
- Support for integration of Phusion into customer platforms
The key skills are:
• Real-time programming in C, C++
• Ability to optimise code to obtain maximum performance from compute resource available
• Linux programming experience and knowledge of hardware platforms
• Knowledge and Experience of camera ISP architectures and/or video pipelines
• Good mathematical background (so as to be able to gain an understanding of the Phusion algorithm)
• Video and photo compression and codec technology, e.g. H.264, HEVC, JPEG
• Good communication and team-working skills
The following additional skills would be an advantage:
• Experience of GPUs and languages such as OpenGL/CL, CUDA
• Driver development for cameras and sensors on Linux platforms
• Knowledge of ISP block algorithms, e.g de-noising or image registration algorithms
• Understanding of MATLAB for translation into real-time code
Candidates should be have a good command of written English and be able to work full-time at our offices in Cambridge, UK.
As well as a competitive salary, the successful candidate will be awarded stock options in an early-stage start up with considerable growth potential. This is a demanding technical role with a career path to more senior role as the business develops.
Spectral Edge is a specialist in Image Fusion, using patented algorithms known as “Phusion” to combine multi-spectral images or video into single images/videos in an aesthetically pleasing way. Applications include:
- Computational Photography on smartphones
- Video enhancement for content delivery, including assistive technology