Embedded Software Engineer - Imaging
We are looking for an embedded software engineer to implement our image fusion technology, known as Phusion, onto real-time platforms used in consumer electronics products and services. Initial tasks will include implementation of our algorithms in order to create real-time licensable IP products for smartphone photography and/or video enhancement/rendering for content delivery.
The key duties are:
- Software implementation of Spectral Edge Phusion algorithms on platforms used in smartphones and/or video encoders
- Designing attractive demonstration units to showcase the Phusion technology to the smartphone and/or TV industries
- Building robust reference designs to enable IP licensing of Phusion
- Support for integration of Phusion into customer platforms
The key skills are:
• Real-time programming in C, C++
• Ability to optimise code to obtain maximum performance from compute resource available
• Linux programming experience and knowledge of hardware platforms
• Knowledge and Experience of camera ISP architectures
• Driver development for cameras and sensors on Linux platforms
• Good mathematical background (so as to be able to gain an understanding of the Phusion algorithm)
• Video compression and codec technology, e.g. H.264, HEVC
• Good communication and team-working skills
The following additional skills would be an advantage:
* Experience of GPUs and languages such as OpenGL/CL
* Knowledge of image registration algorithms
* Understanding of MATLAB
Candidates should be have a good command of written English and be able to work full-time at our offices in Cambridge, UK.
As well as a competitive salary, the successful candidate will be awarded stock options in an early-stage start up with considerable growth potential. This is a demanding technical role with a career path to more senior role as the business develops.
Spectral Edge is a specialist in Image Fusion, using patented algorithms known as “Phusion” to combine multi-spectral images or video into single images/videos in an aesthetically pleasing way. Applications include:
- Computational Photography on smartphones
- Video enhancement for content delivery, including assistive technology
- Multi-spectral video fusion for security applications and augmented reality
For applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must be able to work in the UK without the need for a work permit. No agencies or recruitment consultants please.