Multispectral technologies are already featuring as standard in next generation smartphones, taking their 3D sensing and augmented reality capabilities to a whole new level.
Next generation phones will include new near infra-red (NIR) sensors as standard to enhance gaming and virtual reality capabilities. These sensors can also be exploited to improve photo quality. We believe it is only a matter of time before multispectral imaging becomes mainstream.
Phusion NIR - beautiful photos in all situations
Phusion NIR automatically takes advantage of NIR and conventional image processing technologies in the most naturalistic and beautiful way. It makes colours more vibrant, even if the photo has been taken through mist or smoke, because infra-red is not scattered in the same way as visible light. It can also improve people photos without needing any post production editing software, as infra-red also has the effect of filtering out unwanted features.
· Consistently takes good images – even in low-light conditions
· Takes great pictures in all situations: even through mist, fog and smoke
· Automatic retouching of people photos
· Eliminates the need for post-production editing software
· Low computational resource – small number of arithmetic operations per pixel
How it works
Phusion NIR dynamically combines NIR and RGB spectrum channels to create clearer high quality images that look natural as per the example below.