Hardware & FPGA Engineer REF: HW001
We are growing fast and are now looking for an individual with hardware design skills – RTL (VHDL, Verilog) and verification (UVM, system Verilog). Experience with Hardware synthesis tools (Synopsys, Cadence and others), simulation tools and FPGA design tools are also required.
The key duties are:
• Implementation of Algorithms and functional blocks proposed by the R&D team for ASIC/FPGA synthesis.
• Interaction with R&D on algorithm optimization.
• System integration, functional debugging of implemented blocks and algorithms.
• Working with the software team on system bring up and microcode/firmware development.
• Interaction with QA on quality issues.
The key skills are:
• Hardware design skills – RTL (VHDL, Verilog) and verification (UVM, system Verilog).
• Experience with Hardware synthesis tools (Synopsys, Cadence and others)
• Experience with Simulation tools such as nc-sim, Modelsim, Questa, VCS.
• Experience with FPGA design tools such as Vivado, ISE, Quartus
• Good Python, C/C++ skills and Matlab understanding
• Familiarity with scripting languages – TCL, Perl
• Practical experience with block design, algorithm implementation, block-level verification, timing closure, size and speed optimization required
• Knowledge of memory subsystems, AXI and system integration would be helpful.
• Knowledge of video processing on FPGA/SoC would be helpful.
Candidates should have a good command of written English and be able to work full-time at our offices in Cambridge, UK.
As well as a competitive salary, the successful candidate will be awarded stock options in an early-stage start up with considerable growth potential. This is a demanding technical role with a career path to more senior role as the business develops.
For further information or to apply, please contact our HR Manager, Sue Handley Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Spectral Edge is a specialist in Image Fusion, using patented algorithms known as “Phusion” to combine multi-spectral images or video into single images/videos in an aesthetically pleasing way. Applications include:
• Computational Photography on smartphones
• Video enhancement for content delivery, including assistive technology