Hardware & FPGA Engineer
A hardware engineer, experienced in FPGA in particular, is being sought by Spectral Edge.
We are looking for an individual with hardware design skills – RTL (VHDL, Verolig) and verification (UVM, system Verilog). Experience with Hardware synthesis tools (Synopsys, Cadence and others), simulation tools and FPGA design tools will be required to effectively fill this role.
The key duties are:
• Implement Algorithms and functional blocks, proposed by the R&D team, for ASIC/FPGA synthesis.
• Interact with R&D on algorithm optimization.
• System integration, functional debugging of implemented blocks and algorithms.
• Interact with SW team on system bring up, microcode/firmware development.
• Interact with QA on quality issues.
The key skills are:
• Hardware design skills – RTL (VHDL, Verolig) and verification (UVM, system Verilog).
• Experience with Hardware synthesis tools (Synopsys, Cadence and others)
• Experience with Simulation tools such as nc-sim, MOdelsim, Questa, VCS.
• Experience with FPGA design tools such as Vivado, ISE, Quartus
• Good Python, C/C++ skills and Matlab understanding
• Familiarity with scripting languages – TCL, Perl
• Practical experience with block design, algorithm implementation, block-level verification, timing closure, size and speed optimization required
• Knowledge of memory subsystems, AXI and system integration would be helpful.
• Knowledge of video processing on FPGA/SoC would be helpful.
Candidates should have a good command of written English and be able to work full-time at our offices in Cambridge, UK.
As well as a competitive salary, the successful candidate will be awarded stock options in an early-stage start up with considerable growth potential. This is a demanding technical role with a career path to more senior role as the business develops.
Spectral Edge is a specialist in Image Fusion, using patented algorithms known as “Phusion” to combine multi-spectral images or video into single images/videos in an aesthetically pleasing way. Applications include:
• Computational Photography on smartphones
• Video enhancement for content delivery, including assistive technology