R&D Engineer – Computer Vision REF: RD003
We are growing fast and are now looking for an R&D engineer experienced in Computer Vision technologies.
You should have good knowledge of computer vision, with specific skills in:
- image classification techniques (ImageNet)
- object detection techniques (DarkNet, Yolo, SSD)
- semantic segmentation techniques (Segnet)
- Neural Network frameworks (Tensorflow, Caffe).
In addition, the successful applicant will have the ability to create a training set, train a Neural Network and evaluate the results.
The key duties are:
• Applying computer vision techniques as appropriate to different problems as required
• Training a Neural Network for object detection and segmentation
• Working with the software team to facilitate object aware image processing
• Implementing Neural Network inference for customer environment in collaboration with software engineers
The key skills are:
• Strong Python, C/C++ skills and a working knowledge of Matlab
• Ability to optimise code to obtain maximum performance from the available computer resource
• Knowledge and Experience of camera ISP architectures and/or video pipelines would be helpful
• You will need a good mathematical background in order to understand Spectral Edge’s IP. Master’s degree or above in Maths or Computer science expected.
• Good communication and team-working skills
The following additional skills would be an advantage:
• Experience of GPUs and languages such as OpenGL/CL, CUDA
• Driver development for cameras and sensors on Linux platforms
• Knowledge of ISP block algorithms, e.g de-noising or image registration algorithms
Candidates should have a good command of written English and be able to work full-time at our offices in Cambridge, UK.
As well as a competitive salary, the successful candidate will be awarded stock options in an early-stage start up with considerable growth potential. This is a demanding technical role with a career path to more senior role as the business develops.
For further information or to apply, please contact our HR Manager, Sue Handley Jones email@example.com
Spectral Edge is a specialist in Image Fusion, using patented algorithms known as “Phusion” to combine multi-spectral images or video into single images/videos in an aesthetically pleasing way. Applications include:
• Computational Photography on smartphones
• Video enhancement for content delivery, including assistive technology